Notre Dame de l'Assomption à Villecelle
LAMALOU LES BAINS
NOTRE DAME DE L'ASSOMPTION
Rebuilt during the seventeenth century over the remains of a Romanesque building, this church, also known as Notre-Dame de Villecelle, was the town’s second church alongside Saint Pierre de Rhèdes, becoming the parish church in 1803. In 1904, it handed its title of parish church in turn to Lamalou-les-Bains’ new church of Saint Pierre Saint Paul. Thanks to the dedicated work of all the inhabitants of the hamlet of Villecelle, with funding from the municipality, this sanctuary has been restored to its former glory. This exemplary restoration work, which has given new lustre to each feature added by successive centuries, has revealed the eternal youth of this humble country parish church.